My First Time Abseiling

My heart felt both fearful and excited. I was on an adventure “holiday” to New Zealand which was organized by the scout leaders in my school. It was almost my turn to abseil down a seven storey structure. I felt excited to abseil for the first time, but I was afraid of the height of the structure that I was about to abseil down.

My turn to abseil came in a blink of an eye. The guide fastened my rope and taught me how to stop and how to release the rope in my hand. My heart pounded against my heart like a sledgehammer as I gathered all my courage and started my way down. The first part was the hardest part of the climb and I almost wanted to climb back up.

After I had passed the difficult part, I felt relieved and completed the rest of my climb easily. When I reached the bottom, I felt very proud of myself- I had overcome my fear!

The P5 camp is coming soon. I think that I can abseil then without any problems
.

3 comments:

Shining Star 25 January 2009 at 20:50  

Abseiling sounds like a lot of fun! Hope you enjoy abseiling in the P5 camp too!

XrebirthX 29 January 2009 at 18:32  

uuumm alex im arvin stop writting compos!

B.E.T.S(Benny's evil twin sis) :)) 16 March 2009 at 20:28  

arvin alex at least take up time and write "compos", its better than nothing!Alex you wrote alot and took me a period of time to finish reading your "compos" are great!

Post a Comment

About this blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
Hi guys, I'm a student in Singapore, and this are some thoughts and essays I have written over the years.